29/11/09

"Your skin is something that I stir into my tea"



Joanna Newsom, "Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie":

Más:

"There are some mornings when the sky looks like a road.
There are some dragons who were built to have and hold.
And some machines are dropped from great heights lovingly.
And some great bellies ache with many bumblebees
And they sting so terribly."

No es fácil escuchar a esta mujer. Esto es, de muy lejos, lo más accesible que encontré, y a la vez una canción hermosa.

Más habitual en su universo, la canción "Emily" (a los 2:30 se entiende mejor qué quiero decir):



Esa es la primera parte (la canción dura unos doce minutos). La segunda parte en el mismo show: youtube.com/watch?v=eTsqf24XcDw

A los 3.10 empieza a cantar esto (con esa voz):

"Anyhow - I sat by your side, by the water
You taught me the names of the stars overhead that I wrote down in my ledger
Though all I knew of the rote universe were those Pleiades loosed in December
I promised you I‘d set them to verse so I'd always remember
That the meteorite is a source of the light
And the meteor's just what we see
And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee
And the meteorite's just what causes the light
And the meteor's how it's perceived
And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void that lies quiet in offering to thee."

3 comentarios:

la stessa ma altra dijo...

Anyhow... there are some mornings when the sky looks like a dragon, and the bumblebee is just that causes the light; and my bones lies quiet, and stars are dropped from the water lovingly...

annayra dijo...

En cuanto salga del trabajo me prendo al tubo a escucharlo. Ximenez, te descubri de casualidad en un libro prestado. Tan magico y tan absoluto que no puedo creer que seas vos una persona y que vivas en Buenos Aires.

Siempre voy a creer que los escritores son criaturas místicas y misteriosas y que por esa misma razón jamás voy a poder ser yo uno.

Te agradezco infinitamente mil "El fondo del pozo".

annayra dijo...

Hermoso.